How many of my favorite TV shows and movies can you name just from their IMDb descriptions*?
1) Bumbling Agent 86 battles evil forces with the help of his competent partner Agent 99.
2) A doctor moves back to his hometown of Seattle where he lives with his father and works as a radio psychiatrist.
3) The continuing misadventures of neurotic New York stand-up comedian and his equally neurotic New York friends.
4) A mockumentary on a group of typical office workers, where the workday consists of ego clashes, inappropriate behavior, and tedium.
5) The survivors of a plane crash are forced to work together in order to survive on a seemingly deserted tropical island.
6) An FBI agent is forced to work with an institutionalized scientist and his son in order to rationalize a brewing storm of unexplained phenomena.
7) An antisocial maverick doctor who specializes in diagnostic medicine does whatever it takes to solve puzzling cases that come his way using his crack team of doctors and his wits.
8) A drama centered on the personal and professional lives of five surgical interns and their supervisors.
9) The lives and tragedies of the Braverman family tree.
10) Follows a unique ensemble, as their paths cross and their life stories intertwine, from sharing the same birthday, to so much more than anyone would expect.
11) A U.S. Marshall becomes the sheriff of a remote cozy little Northwestern town where the best minds in the US have secretly been tucked away to build futuristic inventions for the government which often go disastrously wrong.
12) Two FBI agents, Fox Mulder the believer and Dana Scully the skeptic, investigate the strange and unexplained, while hidden forces work to impede their efforts.
13) A look at the lives of employees at a big box store.
14) The absurd antics of an Indiana town’s public officials as they pursue sundry projects to make their city a better place.
15) A woman is rescued from a doomsday cult and starts life over again in New York City.
16) Three couples have different ideas of what makes the perfect relationship.
17) The missions and trials of a Toronto police tactical unit.
18) Inside the lives of staffers in the White House.
19) A political drama which looks into the life of the Secretary of State as she tries to balance work with family.
20) The satiric adventures of a working-class family in a misfit city.
21) A computer hacker learns from mysterious rebels about the true nature of his reality and his role in the war against its controllers.
22) A naive business graduate is installed as president of a manufacturing company as part of a stock scam.
23) A thief, who steals corporate secrets through use of dream-sharing technology, is given the inverse task of planting an idea into the mind of a CEO.
24) Two young men strangle their “inferior” classmate, hide his body in their apartment, and invite his friends and family to a dinner party as a means to challenge the “perfection” of their crime.
25) A wheelchair-bound photographer spies on his neighbours from his apartment window and becomes convinced one of them has committed murder.
26) A colorful array of characters compete at a national dog show.
27) An aspiring director and the marginally talented amateur cast of a hokey small-town Missouri musical production go overboard when they learn that someone from Broadway will be in attendance.
28) Mockumentary captures the reunion of 1960s folk trio the Folksmen as they prepare for a show at The Town Hall to memorialize a recently deceased concert promoter.
29) Three actors learn that their respective performances in the film “Home for Purim,” a drama set in the mid-1940s American South, are generating award-season buzz.
30) An American agent, under false suspicion of disloyalty, must discover and expose the real spy without the help of his organization.
31) A young man joins forces with a knight, a cocky pilot, co-pilot, and two robots to save the galaxy from the a world-destroying battle-station, while also attempting to rescue a princess from an evil dark lord.
32) A meek young man from the country and eight companions set out on a journey to destroy a powerful artifact and save the land from a dark lord.
33) Rescued from the outrageous neglect of his aunt and uncle, a young boy with a great destiny proves his worth while attending a magical school.
34) Two mutants come to a private academy for their kind whose resident superhero team must oppose a terrorist organization with similar powers.
35) A couple who is expecting their first child travel around the U.S. in order to find a perfect place to start their family. Along the way, they have misadventures and find fresh connections with an assortment of relatives and old friends who just might help them discover “home” on their own terms for the first time.
36) Faced with an unplanned pregnancy, an offbeat young woman makes an unusual decision regarding her unborn child.
37) A listless and alienated teenager decides to help his new friend win the class presidency in their small western high school, while he must deal with his bizarre family life back home.
38) A man becomes increasingly jealous of his friend’s newfound success.
39) A man whose people skills leave much to be desired dies unexpectedly, but is miraculously revived after seven minutes. He wakes up to discover that he now has the annoying ability to see ghosts.
40) A comedy set in a world where no one has ever lied, until a writer seizes the opportunity for personal gain.
Answers will be posted Sunday!
*Some descriptions were edited.